Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Transport Manager 7.2 for 15454SDH

ranokarno82
Level 1
Level 1

dear all,

I'm new to optical, the scenario is i have an application Cisco Transport Manager to manage and monitor cisco ONS15454, somehow i have tried to monitor network performance based on total packet input/output, %utilization, my question are:

1. in the Y axis, it show some hexadecimal info that i don't understand, can i change the Y axis info into exact bandwidth (or percentage of bandwidth)

2. can i monitor utilization and availability for ONS device

note: for ring connection i use MXP card consist of 4 GE optical each 1Gbps and 2FC each 2Gbps

please help

3 Replies 3

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I think I can answer part of this question for you.

The values in the "Y" axis are snmp object retrieved values, which I don't believe you can modify. But you can translate these values to get more information using this tool:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en

As an example, you can enter "IfinOctets", and it returns information about that MIB object, including the description as follows:

"The total number of octets received on the interface, including framing characters.

Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur at re-initialization of the management system, and at other times as indicated by the value of ifCounterDiscontinuityTime."

You can do the same for the other values you see on the Y-axis of the charts.

Hope that helps with Question 1.

-Joe

Hi Joe,

thx for your info,

but i think the link you've given to me isn't for translate the value of y axis on the graph.

-rano-

dear all,

is there any dokumen related to operate "Cisco Transport Manager v7.2".

could anyone explain me about graph:

ifInOctet -> 4.151581E11 for a circuit, but the circuit itself is one of MXP-10DME port bandwidth 1Gbps

thanks before

Rano