Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Requirement

kpawankumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a client who has 8 branch offices.. and all are connected using leased lines.

He needs to terminate all 8 connections to the Head office, is there any router that can support upto 8 - 10 WAN ports ?

your suggestions would be very well appreciated :)

5 Replies 5

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It depends how the leased lines will be connected to the HUB site. You can take it over even on a single port using chanellized E1 (of course if the sum bandwidth of the branch LL's are not exceeding the 1984k). How do you plan it?

If you plan to receive the circuits on DTU's one by one than you will need as many serial ports on the router as circuits you will have. In this case I think a 2800 series or 3800 series can stuffed with the appropriate number of serial ports.

Please rate if helps,

Krisztian

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

What is the link capacity of the LLs?

If they all are of not more than 128K each then you can go for 2811 with NM-8A/S or NM-16A/S

But if they are of more than that...then you can go for HWIC-4T modules with 2811.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68.html

Hope that will help

Regards

JD

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

If you are talking about serial WICs, then the 2800 could be a good start, please do check the following document for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5855/c1031/cdccont_0900aecd8019dc1f.pdf

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Thanks alot guys for your suggestions.

Basically the client for all his branches is taking a 128 Kbps leased line connection from the local landline operator.

Going to be using telllabs ntu's between the branch office and the head office.

At the head office we will be supplying them about 6-8 ntu's depending on the number of branches and taking into consideration their expansion.

If i take the 2811 router will it support 8 serial ports for the wan interfaces ?

can i insert two HWIC-4t cards in it ?

Sorry but im rather dumb on the cisco products just getting a hang of it now..

Hi

There is a considrable price difference between 2 HWIC cards abd NM-8A/S cards.

If you do not want future upgrability for your current circuit, the I would suggest you to go for NM-8A/S card. Otherwise, 2 HWIC would be a good solution in case of upgradation.

Moreover in case your no. of branches increase, then you can go for NM-4T module which supports 4 serial.

Pls rate if my posts have helped.

Regards

JD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco