Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 4.2 integration with AD 2003

osmolcic1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When installing Cisco Directory Plugin for integration with AD, is it possible to define two AD servers for redundancy purpose?

Or, how to achive this redundancy?

Thanks,

Oliver

3 Replies 3

mikeconiglio
Level 1
Level 1

To extend the schema you will need to point it at your schema master server and also makre sure that it is set to allow it to.

Unfortunately there is not a list of DC/GC servers to point at. You might get away with creating a CName record in DNS for your DC/GC but have not done it personally to see if this would work.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply,

My schema master is host dc1, and other AD server is dc2. This is child DC.

When I install Cisco Directory Plugin, I have to specify one, only, AD server, that is Schema Master.

CNAME records allow a machine to be known by more than one hostname. And I need just the oposite. I need to specify two AD servers with one host name.

I know that this can be accomplished by assigning cluster host name and IP address, but at this point this is not an option for my client unfortunatelly...

One correction to previous post:

dc1 and dc2 are on the same domain, on the same level, and dc1 is Schema Master.

During installation of Directory Plugin, I have to specify Schema Master, dc1, and also domain name.

When Schema Master, dc1, becomes unavailable, will be users able to authenticate themself? Will other DC, dc2, take over all LDAP requests?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: