Views
Helpful
Replies

port channel problems

avicapri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have configured 5 port channels in 3560 switch, when the ports are bundled , ports goes into err-disable.i have attached network diagram & configuration.Please suggest.

17 Replies 17

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Can you take a look in the logging buffer? You should get an indication as to why the ports have been placed in err-disabled state.

Hi ,

Below is the message i get :

PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig error detected on Po10, putting Gi0/3 in err-disable state

%PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig error detected on Po20, putting Gi0/1 in err-disable state

Hi

Please can you try the following steps. Connect the first port from po10.

Then connect the first port from po20.

Make sure that all is as it should be and that you have connectivity. Then connect the next port from po10 etc.

It may be that you are connecting the two ports in the same portchannel to multiple devices.

No that is not the case.I have attached the Setup diagram & configuration for Reference

I cannot see any issues with the configuration on the switches. Can you confirm at what stage the message occurs if you connect each port up one at a time?

Error occurs when one port-channel(10) is up & other port-channel(20) comes up

Is that when one individual link from each port channel is enabled?

not individual link all the ports for that Port-channel.

Hi,

if the above error messages are from the 3560-3 switch, then ensure the interfaces G0/1 and G0/3 connectivity to other switches(corresponding port channels) and the port channels they belong to locally.

As per configuration both belong to port channel 20 but the error messages show that

G0/3 maps to port channel 10

Best regards,

Pavan

no ,that is not the case .

i have attached configurations

Hi,

Take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094647.shtml

I see the allowed vlans over the trunk are not specified may be the two end have different vlan sets and this may block the portchannel to form.

Hope this helps.

Krisztian

i have not used allowed vlan command .so by default all the vlans are allowed

It is ok, but are both side of the link use the same set of vlans?

yes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card