Calls are not completed to several internal destinations

Unanswered Question
May 15th, 2007
User Badges:

Dear all,

I have a problem with my deployment. Currently we have deployed over 1500 phones using 1 publisher and 3 subscribers. We're using CCM 4.1(3)sr4d and the IP phones 7911 and 7961.

Some users complained that some phones can contact him, but some others can't contact him and an announcement "Your call cannot be completed. Please consult your directory ..." is heard by the caller. All directory numbers in the company are in the same partition and included in every CSS I made. The problem resolved when I ask the user to log out and log in again at the phone. This happened quite often in my client. Although this is resolved, I can't ask users logout and login every time the problem occurs since this won't stop the problem from occurring. I think this problem may come from extension mobility feature or a large number of users. Can someone help me on this problem ? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,

Wiyandi

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
amritpatek Mon, 05/21/2007 - 06:10
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The User Device Profile is the profile the system administrator configures for an individual user. This profile can be treated like any other phone device. The user can access this profile through the Cisco CallManager User page, add services, and speed dial in the same manner as a regular phone. The User Device Profile is the template that is applied to a phone when the user logs in. The profile can be used for both user login and the default (base) configuration for a phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml

sr2290723 Mon, 06/18/2007 - 18:45
User Badges:

Hi,

I think I had the knowledge about device profile, but I suggest that my problem is related to extension mobility. Have any idea how to resolve this ? and why this can happen ?

Actions

This Discussion