Replies

Unity 4.2.1

justin.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0.5 UM

Exchange 2003 SP1

Requirement = Polish VM prompts.

I've got a situation where I need to provide the POLISH (Poland) voice mail language for a customer site in Poland that's to be deployed in 4 weeks. My first question is there any Unity version that can support this Language other then latest version 4.2(1)? My customer has 4.0(5) running in a Unified Messaging Environment today. My second question is my customer only has Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 installed and I see that a requirement for Unity version 4.2(1) is Service Pack 2. Obviously the customer can't deploy SP2 fast enough but they certinally need this Polish Language. Do I have any other options at this point? Please help me find a solution if one is out there!

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

4.2(1) is the only supported version for Polish localization - the original localization work was done against 4.0(5) but I don't think that was ever qualified and made available for download externally anywhere - I pinged the localization group just to see but I doubt it's available and I'm even more skeptical that it would be TAC supported if it were.

Yes, you must install SP2 - there's a nasty resrouce leak that MS fixed in their interfaces in SP2 for 2003 and bad things will happen after a while if you're running with out it.

Tks for the reply.. I found out that infact the customer after all has Exchange 2003 SP2 installed. (That's what I get for listening to the AD guy and not the Exchange guy :) At this point i'm going to upgrade Unity to 4.2.1 and hopefully be happy. Question I noticed that there is a Unity Engineer Special ES posted for this version. Should I install it or wait to see if I experiance any issues or not first?

as a rule you should only install the ESes if you have a specific need to do so.

All my upgrade went well. I'm up and running on 4.2(1) tks.