cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Press 1 at any time to get routed to voicemail?

jake-savage
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have some ideas on how I can have the script accept a 1 at any time to forward callers to a voicemail box? I know how to do it with a menu, but no clue how to get it done when the music on hold is playing.

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

sferland
Level 1
Level 1

It is not possible to capture a DTMF while the call is on hold. The only choice you have, is to play your music via a static wav file into a "Get digit String" or "Menu" steps. You'll then be able to capture a digit while playing music to callers.

Hope that help.

Steven

That's kind of what I thought. Thanks for the help.

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

Are you using IPCCX or Enterprise? Either way, I can only think of prompting the caller at the end of an interval (every 30 seconds) with an option like "no customer service representatives are avaiable at this time. If you would like to leave a message, please press one now". Do a redirect within IPCCX or set an ICM variable if using Enterprise.

We use Enterprise. In our call flow, the ICM variable in the CRS script sends the value of "1" if the caller has been in the queue for more than 60 seconds. ICM is doing a check every 20 seconds for the value of this variable. When ICM sees the value = 1, then it routes the call to voice mail.

Apparently this is possible in IPCCX when the call is on hold as it comes up in the CCIE Voice lab.

I need to do this so if anyone knows exactly how to do it I would be grateful for some guidance.

Take your music on hold file and use that as the prompt in the menu and set your timeout values and retries to 0 so you dont hear the "Are you still there?" at the end of it. I had the same issue and this solved it. Then depending on what you are doing you can do some compares and goto's to get where you need to next in your script.

This is not possible with IPCCX when the caller is on hold.

I just want to ask, is it possible that the other posts are confusing calls being "on-hold" with calls being "queued" ?

Because the "Menu" and "Get Digit" step can work if the call is queued. For manipulating calls on hold, I'm trying to find it out too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: