cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote dialin access using isdn pri

starman10
Level 1
Level 1

I configured dialin accesss using isdn pri interface. It works fine just for one user. When another user dials in (using same or different local username/password), the previous one loses the connectivity. Actually the statuses seem fine for the previous user: I can see him under "sh users" as well as host route in routing table. ppp session stays idle. There is no ip connectivity anymore.

!

aaa authentication ppp default local

!

isdn switch-type primary-net5

!

!

!

!

username test1 password 7 03105E18125E

username test2 password 7 06120A32581C

!

!

controller E1 1/0

pri-group timeslots 1-31

!

controller E1 1/1

pri-group timeslots 1-31

!

!

!

interface Serial1/0:15

no ip address

dialer pool-member 1

dialer idle-timeout 7200

!

interface Serial1/1:15

no ip address

dialer pool-member 1

dialer idle-timeout 7200

!

interface Dialer0

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0.1

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer caller "XYZ"

dialer-group 1

peer default ip address pool netm

fair-queue

ppp authentication chap pap

!

ip local pool netm 10.31.32.65 10.31.32.126

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then it is better create different dialer interfaces for different locations and use same dialer pool for all dialer interfaces...

Thanks,

Satish

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

do first and second caller correctly get an address from pool netm ?

With "dialer caller" you are screening to accept calls from "XYZ" only, are both callers calling from the same number ?

Hi,

"dialer caller" is ok. There is more "dialer caller"s in actual configuration. Both calls (PPP) are correctly terminated. Problem is that first session does not have IP connectivity anymore, when second session is established.

Hi,

the thing is that with dialer caller, IOS will match the dialer interface to match based on the number, so that after it matches the second caller, the first is left out.

Do not use more than one dialer caller per dialer interface.

If you want to screen on calling number, use "isdn caller" instead.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Starman,

configure the following command under dialer inetrafce and check the issue.

int di0

dialer load-threshold 255 either

dialer ilde-timeout 120

if you want another to use the isdn line then create another dialer interface.

clarify me whether the users are accessing the pri from the same location or different locations using different isdn no's.

If users are present in two different locations then best solution is create seperate dialer interface for users.

Thanks,

Satish

Hi,

Users are accessing from different locations using different isdn numbers. Ther router actually works as a small RAS.

Then it is better create different dialer interfaces for different locations and use same dialer pool for all dialer interfaces...

Thanks,

Satish

Hi Satish,

I tried your proposal and it works :-)

Thank you very much for you support.

Hi, Have you tried removing the "dialer caller command" ? Does it work this way ?

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate all usefuls posts!

Hi Paolo,

Yes, I tried removing dialer caller, but there wasn't any change.

Hi,

I spoke to a colleague about this. He is telling me that depending on the IOS version, the problem is with "ip unnumbered ethernet 0.0". The suggestion is to use another address separate from the pool you are using, eg unnumbered loopback.

Let us know if that works!

Hi,

ip unnumbered ethernet 0/0.1 address is used from other IP subnet already from the beginnig. So it is not part of the dialer's ip pool.

Otherwise I also belive that it might be IOS related issue. Anyway, workaround using separate dialer interfaces for different calling numbers is ok for me.

Thank you for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: