cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX and Cisco ASA 5500 SCS/CSS module

ANGELO DE MASI
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I've got a PIX 525 and I need to deliver anti-spyware, file blocking, anti-spam, anti-phishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering, thereofore I'd like to know if is possible to install the ASA SCS/CSS module on the PIX or it's only suited for ASA appliances. In this case is there any way to do it with PIX?

Thank you in advance for ur tips.

3 Replies 3

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

The Anti-X module CSC-SSM module is only meant for the ASA box. All the features that you ask for are available in this CSC-SSM module, and can't be done on the PIX appliance. Well as you have got a PIX you can look for other external products which would do the features you are asking for or go for an Upgrade, ASA is fun to work with.

-Hoogen

Do rate if this post helps :)

thanks for your quick reply.As I supposed I need to migrate toward ASA box, but I fear that it's not so simple to migrate my PIX configuration with 3 Lan-to-Lan VPN, many client-to-lan profiles and so on. I know that ASA VPN configuration is different from Pix, so do I have to reconfigure it completely?

Moreover,as u suggest I am thinking to use Trend Micro Interscan for anti-x services externally from Pix. Do you think it will work well? Is it a goos choice?

PIX is 6.3 and ASA runs on 7.X so yes you have to reconfigure. But let me tell you ASA its very simple to get your tunnels up and running. Both L2L and Remote access. You have GUI based configuration which is very simple to use.

CSC-SSM module uses the Trend Micro Interscan so if you are going to use it externally it is a good choice.

HTH

Hoogen

Do rate if this post helps :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card