cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting to PIX 515e to configure

d.merry
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 515e that I'm having problems connecting to. We recently changed our network IPs. I believe there are a couple of configuration changes that I need to make to connect via the ASDM or to telnet. So I'd like to connect via the console to make the changes. However, there are tons of "log" info scrolling by which is preventing me from doing anything. Can I stop the logging?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

From enable mode you need to enter

** Edit - sorry, that should be from config mode **

"no logging console"

Just in case someone has left debugging on

"no debug all"

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

I agree with Jon. However, sometimes traffic could be so high that you wont be able to input those commands from the console. PIX would not be able to process them. If this happens, you may have to unplug the network cables so that logs are reduced to almost zero and then try commands Jon suggested from the confg mode at console screen-

no logging console

Regards,

Vibhor.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

From enable mode you need to enter

** Edit - sorry, that should be from config mode **

"no logging console"

Just in case someone has left debugging on

"no debug all"

HTH

Jon

I agree with Jon. However, sometimes traffic could be so high that you wont be able to input those commands from the console. PIX would not be able to process them. If this happens, you may have to unplug the network cables so that logs are reduced to almost zero and then try commands Jon suggested from the confg mode at console screen-

no logging console

Regards,

Vibhor.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card