Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

err-disabled

Hi

My port fa 0/2 of WS-C3560 is down :

FastEthernet0/2 is down, line protocol is down (err-disabled)

I'm using the cable crossover with furukawa switch.

It was functioning before( 1 year) but now it started to give this message. Why?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Looks like a speed/duplex mismatch. Try hardcoding the speed/duplex of both device port connected to each other. This happens to me even the switches has been running fine for years but in the background they keep negotiating the speed/duplex.

Dandy

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is there a port-security configuration in this switch?

Is there other error messages in the logs?

Dandy

check the interface "show int fa 0/2" and see what type of errors you are receiving (runts, crc, input errors, etc). Try swapping out the cable and also check to make sure that speed and duplex match on both switches.

Hi.

No port-security.

See attach.

I see a large number of collision on the interface. Try setting the speed to 100 and duplex to full on the interface.

Hi,

Looks like a speed/duplex mismatch. Try hardcoding the speed/duplex of both device port connected to each other. This happens to me even the switches has been running fine for years but in the background they keep negotiating the speed/duplex.

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card