Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper Terminal Settings

alex.d
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Could anyone tell me what setting i apply to Hyper Term so when i go and copy a Config back to a new switch or router it dosent miss all copyed text,my tutor told me about this setting but i forgot to write it down any help anybody.

Alex

6 Replies 6

Bits per sec : 9600

Data bits : 8

Parity : none

Stop bits : 1

Flow control : none

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alex

I believe you need to increase the delay between sending lines in order not to overload the router.

I'm not at work at the moment so i can't remember exactly where it is but i think it is one of the settings you can change when you use the "transfer text" option.

HTH

Jon

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

Under File/Properties/Settings in the ASCII setup tab, put in a "line delay" (maybe 10-50 milliseconds, you can play with it to tune it). Then you have to use "Send Text File" instead of pasting your config.

A much better way is to use TFTP to bring the config in. Just run a TFTP server and use a command like:

copy tftp://192.168.0.10/configscript.txt running-config

and your changes will go in without a single mistake at all...

Hi,

I agree with Craig on his suggestions, and more to say is that if you can use telnet rather than console you won't face this problem.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

stonnet72
Level 1
Level 1

increase the buffer size on the destination (router or swithc). You should not have this problem anymore.

Bits per sec : 9600

Data bits : 8

Parity : none

Stop bits : 1

Flow control : none

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card