Multicast Traffic generator

Unanswered Question
May 15th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

Can anybody suggest an Multicast Traffic generator(Free window based tool) to test the MVPN solution over MPLS backbone.

Thanking You

Regards

Anantha Subramanian Natarajan

Overall Rating: 4 (4 ratings)
anasubra_2 Tue, 05/15/2007 - 13:11
User Badges:

Hritter,

Thank you very much . But I guess , I am not sure how to use that :) .....I downloaded the source code for windows named iperf-1.7.0-win32 and extracted the same. There is an exe which I when clicked on it opened an DOS prompt for some seconds and automatically closed itself.

Am I looking into the right file ?

Kindly assist me on the same

Thanking You

Regards

Anantha Subramanian Natarajan

scottmac Tue, 05/15/2007 - 13:18
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

We used to use things like iTunes and various music & video sharing and similar in class.

The basic exercise was "get multicasting working, and you can listen to music (or watch videos)"

Good Luck

Scott

Harold Ritter Tue, 05/15/2007 - 13:36
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Anantha,

Once you open your DOS shell, you can start "Iperf --help" to see all the flags and parameters you can set.

Hope this helps,

royalblues Wed, 05/16/2007 - 00:13
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Scott,

How was your setup... I have tried sharing Mp3 files over multicast but was never successful

Narayan

johnd2310 Mon, 05/21/2007 - 20:23
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi,

Try vlc to stream video or music

regards

John

edondurguti Fri, 05/25/2012 - 14:39
User Badges:

Run EIGRP if it works it works

or get     VLC and stream a file to a multicast address on a windows/linux machine, then play the multicast from another machine using vlc... ps. just before finishing the stream setup if you use gui add a time to live ttl=12 or something, cuz it's 1 by default.

Actions

This Discussion