cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Requirements

worldcalltel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2650 Router, and want to implement VPN services. What are the requirement for VPN to work. IOS, Feature Sets, Memory and software?

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

What kinda VPN you are planning to implement over there ?

is it going to be normal point to point vpn connecting routers between 2 locations or is it going to be remote access vpn being accessed by the vpn clients installed in the remote locations ?

Generally you need to have Advanced Security feature set in your router to have the same..

Regarding memory and flash requirements its totally depends on the ios version you are choosing out to operate in your router..

You can verify the below link for more info on configuring the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

regds

Im implementing both, would a 2650 router support it? Do I still need an Cisco SDM and Cisco VPN client software. Or would a windows VPN will do? because on what i have read it uses an SDM and VPN client software.

Hi

It will support both but u need to make sure that you configure and set them up as per the sample config discussed in the link posted in my previous post.

I would suggest to go ahead with CLI and configure up instead trying your hands in with SDM..

For security reasons you can make use of VPN client software onto your remote clients..

regds

Your link seems not working. Do you have any other link?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: