cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Voicemail to Domino Unified Messaging Conversion

JASON BOYERS
Level 5
Level 5

I have a customer that is running Unity 4.0(4) as voicemail only. They are looking to move to unified messaging. However, they are currently using Lotus with Domino for their email groupware. Is there a process to migrate from one to the other? If so, what is it? I can't seem to find anything on Cisco's site for this. Also, has anyone done this and had it work properly? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no Exchange to Domino migration application - the primary problem is DUC does not allow for automatic creation of users and has no mechanism for extract/insert messages by a remote process (i.e. as DiRT and FullDBImport/Export requires).

You can export CSV infromation for top level subscriber data (extension, transfer number etc...) and use the Cisco Unity Database Import tool for Domino to import top level subscriber data but there's no mechanism for bringing over audio text applications, greetings or messages in that scenario.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no Exchange to Domino migration application - the primary problem is DUC does not allow for automatic creation of users and has no mechanism for extract/insert messages by a remote process (i.e. as DiRT and FullDBImport/Export requires).

You can export CSV infromation for top level subscriber data (extension, transfer number etc...) and use the Cisco Unity Database Import tool for Domino to import top level subscriber data but there's no mechanism for bringing over audio text applications, greetings or messages in that scenario.

Thanks for the info! We'll use that as a basis for moving forward.