cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS for 3620 that supports GLBP

jousterde1
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought 3620 router basing the decision on Cisco's document that says that GLBP is supported on 3620, 3640 and 3660 routers. The IOS that come with this router doesnt have it and I was trying to find it using cisco software advisor. When I select GLBP the closest platform is 3640 and 3620 is not even on the list. How can I find the image that would have GLBP for 3620?

Can I load 3640 IOS onto 3620?

Please help.

4 Replies 4

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Always use "Cisco Feature Navigator":

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

But unfortunately, it really seems that the 3620 doesn't support GLBP.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if it is possible to run 3640 IOS on 3620?

I know it isnt proper, but since the difference seems only in processor speed it may be worth a try... has anyone tried?

I feel kind of dissapointed that Cisco would make this "GLBP on 3620" claim and not support it...

I will rate your answer too.

Thanks again,

Eric.

Hi Eric,

Cisco IOSs are compiled to run on specific platforms, with specific hardware architecture, accordingly you can't interchange IOS between any platforms.

Although i never tried it, but it is worth to be tried to see the error to be generated :)

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed,

Nope, it wont work. It decompresses the image then shows: "Wrong system software for this hardware".

I feel cheated by cisco...

Hey, thanks for your help and take care. If anyone has found a way to run GLBP on 3620 - PLEASE tell me.

Sincerely,

Eric.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card