Views
Helpful
Replies

what benefit for SAM module?

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting.

After few reading, I still feel hardly to decide if we need SAM module on my CSS11506 (v8.10) or not.

Could anyone advice me, for what situation I need a SAM ?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joquesada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The SAM module was created to allow the CSS to support more load without forcing the user to consider an upgrade in the hardware. For example, normally a CSS 11506 with an SCM, an IOM and an SSL module would be able to support around 500.000 simultaneous flows, if you add a SAM module, this number might increase to 750.000 or 1.000.000.

Consider the SAM module as a booster for the CSS, as it was created to add more horse power to the CSS. In order to consider if you need it or not, you need to consider how much load you want to put on the CSS. Thanks!

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jose Quesada.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

joquesada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The SAM module was created to allow the CSS to support more load without forcing the user to consider an upgrade in the hardware. For example, normally a CSS 11506 with an SCM, an IOM and an SSL module would be able to support around 500.000 simultaneous flows, if you add a SAM module, this number might increase to 750.000 or 1.000.000.

Consider the SAM module as a booster for the CSS, as it was created to add more horse power to the CSS. In order to consider if you need it or not, you need to consider how much load you want to put on the CSS. Thanks!

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jose Quesada.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: