Views
Helpful
Replies

NIST Net WAN Emulation Software question

tmcmurray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have just installed the NIST software and it comes up fine, but I was wondering what I have to do to get it to recognize all of my network interfaces? I have a total of 5 with an on-board interface and an added 4-port NIC installed. Cureently, the software only recognizes eth0 and eth1 (the first two interfaces on the 4-port card) It does not recognize the onboard interface nor the remaining two add-on interfaces.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

It looks like NIST only supports 2 NICs.

Hi,

According to the "Frequently Asked Questions about NIST Net" (http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/nistnet/faq.html),

it looks like NIST Net works between two subnets (two interfaces).

The following is the relating matter excerpted from above FAQ.

Q. What do I need to run NIST Net?

One or more network interfaces. Typically, NIST Net is installed on a box with two Ethernet cards which is routing between two subnets. This allows it to munge all traffic flowing between the two networks.

jchristn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you try doing an 'ifup eth2', and the same for eth3, eth4, and so on? NISTnet is running on top of Redhat, so the process/procedures for managing interfaces is identical.

Best regards,

Joel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: