cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Replication

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

I noticed a few weeks ago, replication seems to have broken between our CER primary and subscriber. Rebooting the servers hasn't seemed to fix it.

Name resolution works fine (both via DNS and hosts file). The interesting thing is if I bring down the Publisher, the Subscriber merges its logs after the Publisher comes back up. However, changes and logs on the Publisher don't make it to the subscriber. SQL Enterprise manager shows replication errors with the message "the specified subscription type is invalid".

So my question...what type of replication should be setup on the Publisher? I see the CER1201 database being shared as a Merge publication. Is it also shared as a push/pull?

1 Reply 1

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

I deleted the push subscription from the publisher, and then it worked fine.

Replication seems to have broken around the time I upgrade from 1.2, so I'm wondering if this was just an upgrade bug. Don't know how CER 1.2 was working, but in 1.3 it uses a Pull subscription from the subscriber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: