cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Brooktrout Technology TR114+P4L PCI Analog Voice-and-Fax Card

mikeconiglio
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with RightFax 9.X using the above mentioned card. I have the gateway configured with 12FXS ports using H323.

When the call gets to the RightFax Server it sometimes has 2 digits as the DID and others 3 but never 4. It needs to be 4 so that it matches up with the configured users so it knows how to route the faxes. Since it does not it dumps them into a default routing bucket.

CCM 4.3(1) using 2821 with 3 PRI and 12FXS with 12.4(11)T.

When I debug from the gateway I see that I am passing the information in the dial-peers to the port 0/3/0 but Brooktrout sees only 2-3. The number is 5490 but BT sees it as 54 or even 549 but never 5490.

It is running H323 and also MGCP. The PRI's are controlled by MGCP and the FXS ports are just H323. I am testing to see if I can get it to work under H323 and if I can I will switch the entire GW to H323.

Has anyone experience with this issue or Brooktrout settings.

If it comes down to it I will open a TAC case but thought I would ask the forum first.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The problem may be very well be with the fax card that could not be waiting long enough for all the digits, or something similar. The router is probably playing out the digits correctly, you have this confirmed by usin a DTMF decoder on the line, these are commercially available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: