cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tag-switching on 6500 interface vlan

lyiangou
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use the "tag-switching" command under interface vlan?

My PE is also a CE. The PE is a 6500 connecting to multiple 3750 stacks using multiple vlans. Should I use the "tag-switching" command under each interface vlan, or under the trunk ports connecting to the 3750 stacks?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Dear,

I can not understand your case 100%, how is you device acting as PE and CE in the same time!! How! Why!

If you are in seperation issue you can use VRF-Lite.

more details about you case will be good.

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

Sorry my question was meant for more advance engineers that will understand it. Thanks.

Regardless I?m advanced Engineer or NOT, I believe it?s not your business, you MUST be grateful for anybody waste at least 30 seconds trying to help you

You have to be advanced engineer to be able to post advanced questions that meant for advanced engineers, (CE/PE).

Also if you are advanced engineer why did you come and post questions, but really I?m sorry to waste my time to replay on a post for someone doesn?t appreciate anything ,BTW the forum opens for all professionals and unprofessional users, I don?t care I hop you find someone help you.

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

I hope you are doing a CsC scenario where your PE is a CE and PE at the same time.

Whatever the case, you will have to enable label switching on the Vlan Interface, and not the trunk, as to enable MPLS on an interface it should have a valid IP configured on it. And hence you may not be able to use the label0-switching on the trunk.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Thank you. That is what I was looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: