cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install LMS

u346874_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am now planning to do fresh install for LMS 2.6 to new server. I check the Quick start guide for LMS and there is entry "LMS supports only the US english anf Japanese versions of these operating systems. Set the default locale to US-English for the US-English versions." Does that mean that i have to change from control panel under regional options icon the General "Your Locale" to English(United States) before i start to install LMS. Is that enough or should i change somenthing else E.g. Input locales

Thanks

Juha

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you need to change your regional settings to US English under here...make sure everything is set to US English or Japanese.

but it is not necessary to set the input locales to US English or Japanes

You can have as many keyboard layouts and input locales configured as you'd like. However, when entering data into LMS fields in your browser, you need to generally use 7-bit ASCII. If not, >= 8-bit characters can be transformed into '?'. This may cause unexpected results (i.e. in Netconfig) when used by the application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: