Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem of two self AAA servers listed on one NDG in ACS3.3 Appliance

sahmedshahcsd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A strange problem of two self AAA servers with same IP address belongs to one NDG, It cannot be deleted and gives the following error while doing modifications to the listed AAA servers.

"An overlap of IP range x.x.x.x already exists"

Related screen shots are attached

Any work around for this problem?

Thanks

Regards,

Ahmed

6 Replies 6

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ahmed,

This is a known issue with acs appliance. To fix it you need to reimage the box.

Steps to reimage,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacsapp/csapp40/igse40/admap.htm#wp1045906

Regards,

Hi Jagdeep,

Thanks for the kind response, I reimage the appliance with ACS recovery CD but the invalid AAA entries still appears after restoring the ACS database.

I noticed two AAA servers with same IP address with different names can be traced through AAA server search option under NDG but cannot be deleted,Related screen shots are attached.

Any suggestions if this problem escalating the issue of replication between two ACS's replication must be able to work for the minimum.

It is reported that replicaiton request denied by the ACS server under reports and activity on both of the ACS's.

Any possible solution to these issues will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

Please open a TAC case so that it can be removed from the database.

Regards,

Jagdeep

Hi Ahmed,

We have the same issue, what was the outcome of the tac case. In other words, what should be done to remove this entry

Thanks in advance for your kind help

Kind Regards,

Frank

Hi,

The only option is to reimage the appliance, In case if you have two appliances configured as primary and secondary with similar database then try to restore the database from the correct appliance to the faulty one after reimaging the appliance.

I didnt opened TAC as I restored the database from secondary ACS.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ahmed

Hi Frank,

Another possible solution if feasable could be in this way

1. Take the backup of both user database and configurations of problematic Appliance and save the backup file to the ftp server using FTP option under Backup and Restore in ACS 3.3 appliance

2. Reimage the appliance with recovery CD

3. Restore only user database but not configurations

4. Reconfigure the old ACS settings and configurations manually.

Regards,

Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: