What's the credibility if any exam of CCNP/CCSP is = Pass4Sure exam

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2007

I'd like to focus Cisco's Responsibles of Certification Center that a lot of Cisco Exam become now an exact copies of Pass4Sure exams (CCNA,CCDA, CCNP,CCSP curriculum)

And I'd like to ask them : What is the value of earning any Cisco Exam, if actually a huge Number of candidates are now sharing on different forums dumps exams like Pass4Sure which are exact copies of Cisco Exams. I think that Cisco Responsibles should be aware of this fact, and should take corrective actions to make their certifications more valuable and deserving all their credibility

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.8 (4 ratings)
mounir.mohamed Wed, 05/16/2007 - 01:32

Yes, the life become so bad with such dumps, and Cisco Must find the way to solve this issue, even if they change the whole pool of questions every one week, as there are so many guys doesn't uunderstand the technology anymore dumps the exam.

But finally the different between who study and pass the exam and WHO dump the exam very clear specially in the practical life :)

oliverlag Wed, 05/16/2007 - 02:21

IMO Cisco must add an LAB exam after the exams of the professional level. If you pass the lab exam you're CCxP, otherwise no. You can memorize all the answers for theory but the lab is different and more difficult, you cannot memorize :-) I'd like to proposte this solution.

What do you think about??

Oliver

dgoodridge Wed, 05/16/2007 - 03:07

That does sound like a good ieda in general, not just to avoid the dumpers.

Maybe even have a mini-lab for the associate level exams.

avillalva Sun, 04/13/2008 - 17:50

If they made the exams 90% simulations wouldn't that solve the problem?

i.e. configure this routing protocol with these parameters...

troubleshoot the following....

m.sir Wed, 05/16/2007 - 03:13

According following link

http://www.prometric.com/Cisco/default.htm

Test Takers in China, Hong Kong, India, and Pakistan will be from may 2007 tested ONLY in special Cisco testing centers - Test takers from other countries will be still tested in VUE/Prometric test centers

I think most of P4S comes from those countries so its looks like end of braindumps - I think its good for Cisco Cert

skhriz80 Wed, 05/16/2007 - 03:58

Hello bro,

Can any tell me locations of these testing centers specially in Karachi, Pakistan?

Wilson Samuel Wed, 05/16/2007 - 04:03

Hi Bro,

You can easily find the test centers by going to prometric.com/cisco or call the nearest IT Training Center.

All the best

skhriz80 Wed, 05/16/2007 - 04:27

I have tried contacting testing center mentioned on prometric website but no one is responding on the mentioned phone numbers. I want to pass CCNP 642-901 exam before 24th June 2007 so as to re-certify my CCNA certification. Please help me who to contact in this situation.

hoogen_82 Wed, 05/16/2007 - 09:54

I don't think you should conclude anything from what Cisco has said. I would say if its done for these countries it should be done for all.

You would be suprised check this data i pulled out, all these test providers have their servers in the US and not in China, Hong Kong India or Pakistan. Hmmmm..

Testking has its servers based from the US

Country IP Range: 64.104.0.0 to 64.107.255.255

Country fraud profile: Normal

City (per outside source): Edgewater, New Jersey

Country (per outside source): US [United States]

Private (internal) IP? No

IP address registrar: whois.arin.net

Actualtests server is also located in the US.

ountry (per IP registrar): US [United States]

Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars]

Country IP Range: 209.124.0.0 to 209.124.127.255

City (per outside source): Unknown

Pass4Sure also has its servers in the US

Country (per IP registrar): US [United States]

Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars]

Country IP Range: 71.18.0.0 to 71.18.255.255

City (per outside source): Hopkinsville, Kentucky

-Hoogen

desai.jaideep Wed, 05/16/2007 - 04:11

Hi

The main seperation is done when you go for a job. Now-a-days they do not say that CCNP is a must...they say would be an added advantage.

Why? because though Cisco rules the networking world, but there are many candidates who are not Cisco certified, but are networking masters and have worked more on non-cisco devices .

Employers will sqeeze the juice out of you even though you are certified. So I don't think a number to certified candidates does really pose much of threat particularly when you have mastered for what you have been certified.

I appreciate Cisco certs more in a way as a tool to learn networking. They do offer good amount of knowledge and help you in excelling and doing in a more professional way.

This is what I think guys.

Regards

JD

I don't agree with the author of the post that-CCNP/CCSP is = Pass4Sure. I bet that no one (even author) could even pass CCNA (leave about CCNP and rest) with help of Pass4Sure dump only. I failed CCNA first time even I studied many CCNA books and practice lots of questions even using router simulators to simulate networks and even these dumps. I feel that these dumps are just like other study materials. Sometimes these dumps enforce your learning skills, for example TestKing-dump explain all answers why it is wrong or right. It took me another extra two month rigorous studies and practice of over 3 thousands CCNA question to pass CCNA in second attempt. So I can say CCNA/CCNP/CCSP is not = Pass4Sure

Yes, I support many poster point of view that cisco should be more practical so that once candidate pass CCNA or CCNP they should get job easily. I can see lots of CCNA holder jobless. Still no matter how great CCNP would be, it cannot replace or equate to guy who know practical. So cisco should concentrate on that point, so that once anyone pass CCNA or CCNP employee should not ask him any practical experience (only happens when test is that much practical, not just recall of memory and cisco should THINK about it)

Certification is big business. The fact is that these big companies sell the products and make lots of money, at same times they design the courses, books and exams based on their products and push in the market. They make money out of products; they make money out of books, training as well as certification fees. Thus they create thousands of experts free of cost who can market and promote their products for free.

At the end what candidates get is piece of paper (fee proud) but has no any practical meaning in job industry. Not even Cisco partners companies, for which Cisco proudly says that these are our Cisco partners' have built in privileges for these certified candidates.

Can I ask Cisco what a candidate gets after spending money and time for challenging certificates like CCNA or CCNP?

(Wallet card and piece of paper written CCNA or CCNP- this is what CCNA or CCNP worth?)

Furthermore, do not blame dump, Pass4Sure or any other. I can see hundreds of US server offering dumps, boot camp, sure pass, money back guarantee and many more, simply because these are big money making industry.

Wilson Samuel Mon, 03/31/2008 - 07:37

Hi,

I understand what you are trying to say, however its every individual's responsibility to not to underestimate hands-on and experience whenever it comes to Certifications!

I have been in the industry for 8 years now and I have seen many candidates who have are just paper certs and at the same time guys who have no certification but with knowledge, both can't fit very well.

If an individual chooses to spend or shall I say waste money without getting anything in head and hands then its upto him, after all one has every right to spend his own money in any way (as long as its NOT illegal) he or she chooses.

Amen

gordon.burns Tue, 04/01/2008 - 08:16

Although i agree its getting pretty bad with the exams being identical i still dont think you'd be able to just study the exam and pass.

Even if you did it this way im sure you'd get found out straight away when it came to a job or interview.

csco11012095 Sun, 04/13/2008 - 14:13

I passed my ccna exams on the third try after 5 months of intensive study and $1200 of training hoping i'll get a job and replace the money i spent after a year i didn't get any job not even a call for interview. I decided to take on the microsoft mcse+security track to see if it makes a difference but till now i haven't gotten a job so i moved form my country to a new country hoping that things will work out. But it's a month now since i arrived and i've not got any offer. I was just planning to take on the ccnp or sp since the ccna i toiled for will expire next year without me making use of it, also i think passing the professional one will make a hot cake but from the look of things i don't think so. For this i say am out of this certification race to my actual potential which is hacking. For the bumps, i have a friend who bumped the ccna exams when he got a job he was given a six month probation and training and now he knows his stuff. I don't cisco can do something about the bumps because eccouncil and (isc)2 are all included. Tell cisco to consult offensive security on how they conduct their exams. For now am hopping on to ethical hacking since it involve more studying for us book worms and is of more demand now and till time will permit because softwares and networks are always vulnerable hackers will forever be needed.

regards to those who see the vision i see.

You are right 'csco11012095'

Me after passing CCNA after second attempt, spending time and money, did not see any benefit of CCNA. I have also experience in networking, but it seems that all employers want experience in direct Cisco Networking (dealing with Cisco products) no any slight deviation from that. Even yourself is CCNA trainer, it is still hard luck to secure a job.

Actions

This Discussion