problem with Pix 506 E firewall

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2007

Dear Sir,

I had a problem on my network. That I had a Cisco device Pix 506 E firewall. This device is connected to my network with Router Cisco 1700 and switch panel 3Com.

The Pix 506 E firewall is hang-up always and disconnects all users from the Internet. Hang-up that means the power is switched on but the network and the Act link is switched off and the solution on this moment is switched the Pix off then switched on to working again. This may be happened 3 times during the day.

I don?t what is the problem so please I need your support to solve this problem. Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
spremkumar Wed, 05/16/2007 - 19:26

Your problem can approached in a systematic way by identifying the exact bottleneck which makes the pix to freeze.

There are may possibilities which could make the pix to freeze.

The most popular reason may be coz of the bug in the ios or due to heavy traffic transactions through the PIX..

As i usually suggest its better to have logging system in place to understand whats making the real trouble on the box..

Good to have a external syslog server getting the logs out from the device which can be viewed later to find out the exact reason or can be vital in troubleshooting the root cause for this problem..

sarathy_16 Fri, 05/18/2007 - 03:20

Please let know the number of VPN tunnel you have created.

Check the interface duplex and speed settings.

Also check the IOS whether it has the latest one.

This Discussion