EIGRP Network Design

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2007

EIGRP Network Design

Let me start by saying that I?m pretty new to Cisco network config and am asking for a bit of help in troubleshooting an EIGRP network.

The network is built on a managed service provided by an external company, they have provided WAN links to our regional offices across Europe from our HQ in the UK and this all works fine however the previous network admin installed a redundant network using ADSL WAN links into most of the offices all of which point back to an internet facing IP address over which we run our own VPN network. Our internal network is configured to use EIGRP as the routing protocol with an AS number of 2000, the managed service provider has also configured their routers to use EIGRP 2000 as well and this set-up is working as I can see the routes to our regional offices being updated via EIGRP when using the SH IP ROUTE.

Now this is were my problem starts, if one of the managed service links fails the network should cut over to the redundant link but this is not happening so it would look like an EIGRP configuration problem.

Could someone point me in the right direction to some useful documentation on how to set-up a redundant network using the above as an example.

If you have any questions then please ask.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion