cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export from CSM

maurice.leduc
Level 1
Level 1

We use CSM to manage about a hundred virtual firewall on FWSM on 6500. I look for a way to extract or export rules from CSM into excel, for analysis purpose. Cisco have no solution "in actual release".

Is there a tier party product or else that could help ?

6 Replies 6

Maybe there is confusion. These two links refere to ACE modules that replaced CSM modules (Content Switching Module). And what I'm looking for is CSM software (Cisco Security Manager).

Cisco have not been very helpfull, using exactly the same acronym for two products...

Thanks,

Hi,

You should be able to select all of the rules in the table, ctrl-c and then paste into an excel spreadsheet.

"Self-Defending Networks: The Next Generation of Network Security"

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587052539&rl=1

Hi,

By default, CSM use a proprietary Database. Cisco also offer to replace with a relational database but it does not give any information about the structure neither any API to exploit. If we dont want to get into a real mess, I think the only solution is a product that alloud to export similar view, as in CSM, to a spreadsheet. Keep in mind that we can create groups and profile in CSM.

Hi Maurice,

I've a problem with CSM 3.0.1 and FWSM 3.1.(4).

Waht kind of FWSM did you loaded in?

The error about Discovery polycies says:

"The version in CSM database is: 2.3(1),"

Do you how to increase this version?

Thanks

Leonardo

Hi Leonardo,

We use FWSM 2.x. I'm not the one that do installations. A few month ago, we did a quick test to install FWSM 3 and had problems. We have not been further.

Maurice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: