cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp log error on 1721

jstyles
Level 1
Level 1

May 15 20:02:10 EDT: %SNMP-3-BADOID: Attempt to generate an invalid object identifier-Traceback= 80AF75B8 80AF746C 80AF72A4 80B1C8F4 802AA8E8 802AE07C

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jack

I am not sure of the details of this particular error message, but the traceback indicated in the error message is almost always a sign of a software problem. You might try this message with the error message decoder on the Cisco web site or you might try opening a case with Cisco TAC (if you have a service contract). But I believe that bottom line if you are concerned about this error message that you should consider an upgrade to the code that the router is running.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the info. If management wants some detail I will open a TAC

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

tracebacks are the symptom that something in the code is wrong, but not wrong enough to make the router crash. Sometime they have low priority or are hard to correct in software development and can stay unresolved for a long time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: