Composite Test 642-892

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2007

Am I better off taking the composite or the individual BCMSN and BCSI?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
hoogen_82 Wed, 05/16/2007 - 08:18

If you are okay sitting for a longer test you could take the composite one. But i believe in the CCNA level its okay to take the ICND and Intro together, but professional level certs its good to do it seperately.

It's an Individual choice though :)

-Hoogen

scott.hammond Wed, 05/16/2007 - 08:28

well I have to assume that I am going to fail my first attempt regardless so I was pondering taking the composite so I am exposed to both. Then I know what to focus on for round 2.

Just thinking out loud, and wondering if anyone had recently taken the composite.

hoogen_82 Wed, 05/16/2007 - 09:04

Well if you are not sure about passing I would suggest you to take up one subject concentrate on it well, postpone your exam for some time and study hard. Nobody likes failing don't make up your mind like that and go for the exam.

all the best, and you would sure pass if you try a little harder.

-Hoogen

scott.hammond Wed, 05/16/2007 - 10:04

I don't expect so much to fail the first attempt but I would not be surprised by it.

My first attempt at the CCNA I bet I dumped out 4 full pages of information on the scratch paper before I started the exam. Of course almost none of it was on the test so the next time I did much better. You know how it is.

Insofar as the BCMSN I am confident I could walk in today and pass it, I was just hoping to kill 2 birds and get this NP done and over with.

Wilson Samuel Wed, 05/16/2007 - 10:21

Hi Scott,

I shall request you to attempt the BSCI and BCMSN rather than the Comp Exam, because in my humble opinion, the later is more difficult to recall on the night before the exam.

As when I was taking the CCNP first time I went through the separate exams but later when recertification came (Feb 2006) I tried Comp Exam and really didnt get through it well (though passed that boundry on second attempt.)

The reason why I insist one the separate exam is that, the Comp Exam checks all very basic and minute things from the subject which is quite difficult to recall unless you have read it very thoroughly again and again, and on the night before exam you will have 2 subjects to read!!!

Please rate if helpful

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Actions

This Discussion