cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6: Job Approval issue

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a known issue with job approvals in LMS 2.6? I had a NetConfig job rejected (by whom?) as soon as it's submitted by "admin", when I had no Job Approval set up at all. Then I had two NetShow jobs from a Network Admin user getting rejected "after the scheduled time" passed. There's clearly something wrong with the first case. Is the second instance the expected behavior? What's the intended workflow when jobs get submitted during the night, for execution during the night, when there's no approver around to approve them?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the Netshow job was rejected, did you have approvers setup then?

The workflow will be that when the job is scheduled, the approvers get the email. If the job is approved, it runs at its scheduled time. If no one approves it when the scheduled time comes, then job is canceled.

Therefore, at night, the job will not run. It would have to be scheduled during the day when someone could approve it.

Yes, there's approver set up by the time of the NetShow jobs. The jobs were rejected rather than cancelled.

What about the first instance? Is it supposed to reject "admin"-submitted jobs with no approver setup (approval disabled)? Subsequent jobs after that one all got scheduled, still without any approver set up at that time.

There shouldn't be any difference between admin vs. non-admin jobs in terms of approval. Can you reproduce this instance cancel behavior?

Can you let me know what debug I can turn on to gather as much info as possible? NetConfig Client debug is on. I don't see a debug for Job Approval though.

Job Approval is makerchecker. The log is MakerChecker.log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: