Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch 4507R Modules Detail

Mansoor Hafeez
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

Attached please find the output of show module of the switch i have received from other department.

My concern in this output is regarding the Supervisor Engine modules Hardware and Software Versions.

I want to upgrade the software versions on this switch with the Version 12.2.37 SG (ED), Will this be ok?

Also how can i make the Hardware versions to be same? or make them compatible?

The earlier response will be highly appreciable.

With Best Regards

Mansoor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mansoor,

It's not possible to change the hardware versions though till the time you replace the hardware itself but it really does not make any difference and even if you have different hardware versions you can still have redundancy.

You can definetely have same IOS versions on both the supervisors and upgrade your sups with 12.2(37)SG.

Currently you are running different IOS versions on both the sups.So you can upgrade both the sups with same IOS versions

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_37s/config/rpr.htm#wp1117439

HTH

Ankur

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mansoor,

It's not possible to change the hardware versions though till the time you replace the hardware itself but it really does not make any difference and even if you have different hardware versions you can still have redundancy.

You can definetely have same IOS versions on both the supervisors and upgrade your sups with 12.2(37)SG.

Currently you are running different IOS versions on both the sups.So you can upgrade both the sups with same IOS versions

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_37s/config/rpr.htm#wp1117439

HTH

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card