CM Tools for troubleshooting calls

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2007

Hi, there,

Please advice tool(s) to debug and troubleshoot for example offnet calls from cisco ip phones through ccm 4.1.3; or for calls between ip phones only.

I know several currently:

* ccm trace file: quite hard to read with many technical details.

Is it possible to make the output less detailed ?

* rtmt as i know can be also quite useful but i've found just the graph for an active calls. and nothing more.

Are there some more convinient internal or external tools to show and troubleshoot calls for cisco call manager environment ?

Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tobivan_Helden_2 Fri, 05/18/2007 - 00:46

I've found also DNA tool to verify DA process results.

But the main question is the same:

HOW CAN I see on an active 4.1.3 server the following:

* total active calls

* theirs ani/dnis and other call attributes

* call history details

I'm trying to compare Cisco Call Manager functionality for these tasks with Cisco IOS commands like

show call active voice brief|summary

show call history voice summary

show voice call status

and see nothing similar commands in Cisco Call Manager Environment.

So, please, advice your tools for diagnostics and troubleshooting calls.

Thank you.

Zin.Karzazi Mon, 05/21/2007 - 06:58

Open RTMT->Performance->YOur CCM-> Cisco H323 (or MGCP, depends on what you are using)-> Double Click Call Active-> select Gateways you have-> you will now have a graph showing the number of all B Channels used, right click on it select-> Alert / Treshold-> Enable Alert (Severity: Warning-> Click Next: on "trigger alert when the following condition meet" select a Value ie Over 1 (which means when 1 B channels are simultanueously used= 1Call-> you will get an email alert of it). Do this for all Gateways and all Callmanager processing Calls. You will be flooded with email alerts, which will tell you how much Bchannels are used, archivate that and use it.

Also under CCm webadmin page-> Application->Tools->Serviceability report Archive

a report about Gateway utilization (although not simulaneusly but in 15min interval).

Last but not least User CDR (Gateway utilization).

Zin Elabidine Karzazi

redrobish Tue, 06/19/2007 - 19:55

Hi Zin,

any possible solution when I don't receive report on Serviceability report Archive? I only receive error reports on it...

This Discussion