Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to voicemail muliple lines

jdempsey1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Trying to tranfer muliple DNs to one voicemail box on demand. The problem is when it I tranfer line 39447 to 39999 voicemail I need vm 39999 to pick up not vm 39447 . The fowarding works but not the VM

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately this is working as designed. You can get around this restriction but not really "On Demand" :(

If this is just a one-up type of setup you can configure a Voicemail profile (in CCM) for 39999 and apply it to 39447 that will allow this type of Call Forward to 39999's mailbox.

Or in Unity set up Alternate Extensions so that 39447 is an Alternate Extension for 39999 etc. Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones;

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone (Phone B).

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number (in this case Phones that you want to forward to mailbox) and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Hope this helps!

Rob

HI,

can you elaborate more on the first way of doing it:

++++

If this is just a one-up type of setup you can configure a Voicemail profile (in CCM) for 39999 and apply it to 39447 that will allow this type of Call Forward to 39999's mailbox.

++++

Also what happen if somebody calls 39447 and wants to leave a message does it go to 39999?

Good day

Hi Wissam,

If you look in CCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile. This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the specified Voicemail.

For example: you want all calls that go to DN's 3333,3444 and 3555 to go to a generic mailbox that gives out sales info. This "sales info" mailbox is on DN 3700.

You would create a Profile in CCM called "Sales Info" which points to DN 3700. Apply this profile to 3333,3444 and 3555 and when calls route through these numbers to voicemail they will recieve the Sales Info 3700 Greeting etc.

Hope this makes sense!

Rob

Above post by Rob "somewhat helpful" ?!?

I don't think so. My rating, a "5"!

Hi Paolo,

Thanks so much for the nice vote of confidence here along with the nice rating. Very kind of you :)

Take care,

Rob

hi,

plz help me,

i have 1 WLAN 4402, 1 wireless controller 2710, and about 12 access point 1242.

what should i must config on WLan 4402, on controller 2710, and on AP 1242.

can you send me some document step by step?

thank you very much!!

trevis.brian
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure what you mean by on-demand or what you mean by transfer, but if you want 2 DNs to both go to the same VM box, you need two things in Unity:

1)Setup a VM box for phone 1, set CFB CFNA etc on the phone to go to VM.

2)In Unity admin, go to Call Routing, Forwarded Calls, add a new Call Routing Rule using the plus button, in the Forwarding station, put the DN of the second phone, set the Send Call To - to Subscriber, and select the subscriber from phone A.

3) Go to Subscribers, and find the subscriber. In the subscriber's Alternate Extension, add the second number

Thanks guys.

Good day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: