FXS Ports & Pickup Groups

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2007
User Badges:

Is there a way to make an analog phone connected to an FXS port a part of a call pickup group that contains both analog phones & IP phones? I setup a lab and used MGCP to add the gateway and I was able to add the DN associated with the FXS port to a call pickup group. However, I am unable to figure out how to answer the call from the analog phone when another IP phone in the call pickup group is ringing.

Thanks in advance

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
nrichie Wed, 05/16/2007 - 09:48
User Badges:

Looks like I might have found the answer. According to Cisco's website, this can be done with the following restrictions:

- CCM 4.2 (or higher I am assuming)

- VG or ISR using SCCP as the signaling protocol

- Enabling auto answer

I am getting the upgrade CD's to test this in out lab. I will try to post another reply with more information as time permits. Here is the link if anybody is interested:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124newft/124t/124t2/ht1vg224.htm

Aaron Harrison Thu, 05/17/2007 - 06:28
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

You are going down the right track with this.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde5372/0#selected_message

See this other post I made (for a different purpose, but the principal is the same - it just opens up features available to IP phones for FXS ports by registering them using SCCP).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

nrichie Thu, 05/17/2007 - 06:42
User Badges:

Thanks Aaron.

Now what I am trying to determine is support in 5.X. In the SCCP document, it shows 4.2, but I have not found much information as of yet. I am assuming that it is supported, but I am more curious about the # of DLU's required for each SCCP endpoint.

Actions

This Discussion