cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding DHCP requests over 802.1q trunk on ASA5505

swharvey
Level 3
Level 3

We are running an ASA5505 with ip plus licensing, which allows us to run multiple vlans (in our case 3: outside, data, and voice). The data and voice vlans (both same security levels) members of an 802.1q trunk on eth0/4, passing the voice and data vlans through the trunk to a 3750 switch.

Our DHCP server resides in the data lan. Is there an equivalent command on the ASA's to the Cisco router command "ip helper-address x.x.x.x" that needs to be placed on the ASA voice interface vlan (svi) to pass these dhcp requests? If not how do we get the dhcp requests to pass through the ASA? FYI the "same-security-traffic permit inter-interface" and "same-security-traffic permit intra-interface" are configured on the firewall.

We do not see any entries in our dhcp server scopes for the Cisco phones, but the phones are registered to the off subnet Call Mgr and are using addresses in the range of the voice dhcp scope on the server.

Odd one for sure....any help is appreciated.

-Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott,

Is this what you are looking for:

dhcprelay server

dhcprelay enable

dhcprelay timeout 90

Check out that link given below:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_7_2/cmd_ref/d2_711.htm#wp1775980

Rate this post, if it helps.

Cheers

Gilbert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott,

Is this what you are looking for:

dhcprelay server

dhcprelay enable

dhcprelay timeout 90

Check out that link given below:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_7_2/cmd_ref/d2_711.htm#wp1775980

Rate this post, if it helps.

Cheers

Gilbert

Yes it is. I got this information from a tac engineer priory to your post but your response is identical and correct and resolved my issue.

Many thanks,

-Scott

Thanks for letting me know, scott.

Much appreciated!

Gilbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: