cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Dial by Extension Question

jamesfoote
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to remove the requirement to press # to dial a party's extension followed by the # sign when using Auto Attendent's Dial by Extension?

We want to be able to have the user just dial the extension. I thought about changing the script to append a # sign to the end of the collected number, but wasn't sure if there was an easier way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not with the canned auto attendant script. With a custom script you can do whatever you want. It's simply using the # to know when to be done collecting digits.

With a custom script you can look for a # as the delimiter and/or wait for a timeout and/or only collect a fixed number of digits.

You can email ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com for sample scripts. Please supply your CUE version ('show software version' on the CUE CLI).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not with the canned auto attendant script. With a custom script you can do whatever you want. It's simply using the # to know when to be done collecting digits.

With a custom script you can look for a # as the delimiter and/or wait for a timeout and/or only collect a fixed number of digits.

You can email ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com for sample scripts. Please supply your CUE version ('show software version' on the CUE CLI).

I'm using a custom script that where I copied the Dial by Extension from the sample AA scripts. I guess that's where I went wrong, should have just built from scratch.

Thanks

Yep. The easy way is if you have a fixed number of digits and you don't want people entering the #. Then you can just use Get Digit String and grab as many digits as you need. To make it better, you can use Get Digit String and always only collect one digit. Then keep track of how many you've collected. You can then keep a variable with the collectedDigits that you keep putting the collected digit (as long as it's not # and the timeout isn't reached).

With some more complex AA's you can have the callers enter the extension any time (i.e. you don't need to say 'press 1 if you know the extension'); you just make sure if the number of collected digits is exactly 1 (and a timeout is reached), then it's probably a menu option that they want and not an extension.

If I set it up the way you suggested, then I guess I would need to play my menu prompt seperately and not tie it the menu. Collect the digits and then step into the menu. Can you pass the digits into the menu?

Actually, you can forget about the Menu step altogether. You just set up some variables (or hardcode), so that, for example:

If (NumCollectedDigits==1) && (CollectedDIgits==MenuOptionDialByName)...

You can look at the example attached. It does assume CUE 2.3.

Very nice; does exactly what I was wanting to do. Thanks alot

Hi,

Pls can you upload the sample AA script again? I do have a similar challenge.

TIA,

Kayode

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: