cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help - transcoder

Hunt.Lee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer which has 2 sites. Site A has all the CCM, Unity Connection & IPCCX servers with no users nor IP Phones, while Site B has all the users, phones and the two 3825 Voice Gateways. Site A & Site B are linked by WAN only.

I have setup 2 regions for each of Site A & B, specifing 'codec to other region' will be G729 while 'codec within region is G.711'.

Now, both of my Voice Gateways on the site with all the IP Phones, do i still need to apply 'transcoding' on the Voice Gateways to do G729 across WAN? Or will G729 work automatically between the two sites without the transcoding?

Thanks for anyone in advance for their time on helping me.

Hunt

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Now, both of my Voice Gateways on the site with all the IP Phones, do i still need to apply 'transcoding' on the Voice Gateways to do G729 across WAN? Or will G729 work automatically between the two sites without the transcoding

Cisco IOS GW support G.729.

This will depend how you are terminating the call, if you are terminating the call to the IPCC server, the answer is yes, you will XCODING if IPCCX was installed for G.711.

XCODE will be required at Site A.

Hi gogasca,

So if IPCC Express is for installed for G711, then i need XCODE. Otherwise I don't??

Thanks,

Hunt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: