cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force Authorization Code on Call Manager Express

boonwah-tay
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to know how to implement Force Authorization Code on Call Manager Express? Basically, when users want to dial a IDD call, they are required to enter a PIN before they can make the IDD calls.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In CME, FAC means Feature Access Code. The PIN blocking is described in the documentation under "after-hours service and login".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

According to the CME Administration Guide

"Individual phone users can be allowed to override call blocking associated with designated time periods by entering personal identification numbers (PINs) that have been assigned to their phones.

For IP phones that support soft keys, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G and the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G, the call-blocking override feature allows individual phone users to override the call blocking that has been defined for designated time periods. The system administrator must first assign a personal identification number (PIN) to any phone that will be allowed to override call blocking.

Logging in to a phone with a PIN only allows the user to override call blocking that is associated with particular time periods. Blocking patterns that are in effect 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and they

cannot be overridden by using a PIN"

1. To me the statement means that, that PIN authorization will not have effect on the command "after-hours block pattern 1 91900 7-24" and this pattern "91900" will be blocked all the time. This means I cannot use PIN authorization for the pattern "91900". Is my interpretation correct?

2. If my interpretation is correct, and I still want to have PIN authorization for the pattern "91900" all the time, then can I use the following command instead of using "after-hours block pattern 1 91900 7-24"?

telephony-service

after-hours block pattern 1 91900

after-hours day mon 00:00 23:59

after-hours day tue 00:00 23:59

after-hours day wed 00:00 23:59

after-hours day thu 00:00 23:59

after-hours day fri 00:00 23:59

after-hours day sat 00:00 23:59

after-hours day sun 00:00 23:59

Thanks!

Hi,

I didn't saw the paragraph about "full-time block cannot be override", and haven't tried that. I guess you will have to try it yourself!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: