cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to internet with stactic routes ?????

afzaalq007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

One thing which i want to discuss with and i need some solution regading my prob ...

Our AS nun wil bi expire after 31 May .. we are going to renew it but in case if there will some delay in it. i have to prepair banckup plan with my up stream service provider.

How can i get internet statically althuogh i have an idea and work exp on ststic routes but want be to more sure.

plz suggest me.

Thanks and regard

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

The problem is not the static routing (for static routing you should have a default route to your provider and then your provider should route back your IPs statically at your interface on his PE router).

The problem resides in that if you are using PI address space (which should be the case), then the IPs must be advertised to the internet and originated from your AS, accordingly to solve the problem you 'll need your provider to advertise your IPs on behalf of you, but due to the internet policy, you'll need to edit the route-object at RIPE for example (you should use you RIR) to attach your IPs with the provider AS.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

hi

Thanks for the reply !!

Yes my Upstream service provider provide me Class C /24 real IP pool for the time being and we will use it. in case of our renual is late.

Than my upstream service provider adverise this on internet and i will use a defalut route .. e.g.

my Up steram provide intface is s1/0. so i will use route as mention below.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s1/0

Is it ok ??????

Thanks

Afzaal Qadir

Hi,

All that you'll need is a default route toward your provider PE router, and the provider should add a static route for this /24 class toward you to route back the traffic back to you.

Its OK until you solve your AS issue.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies using the scroll box on the right,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: