pathway thru ccsp

Unanswered Question
May 17th, 2007

hi guys,

i would like someone to advice me on the best order of taking the CCSP exams.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
srue Thu, 05/17/2007 - 04:39

The exams are pretty independent of one another, so there's not much of a suggested path. I would recommend doing SND last though - at that point it will be a fairly easy exam.

I personally did the (older version of ) SNRS first then the (older) PIX exam. after that, order didn't matter much.

toluadeniji Thu, 05/17/2007 - 04:46

nice idea but i find myself in an enviroment where much of security knowledge is expected of i feel snd would b a good start to have an overview of everything. i'm still open to your suggestion.

Wilson Samuel Thu, 05/17/2007 - 05:19

Then please go ahead with the SNRS And SND as soon as possible they will strengthen you really good.

Kind Regards,

Wilson SAmuel

Wilson Samuel Thu, 05/17/2007 - 04:43

Please don't mind, its strongly recommended that one should be CCNA with atleast BSCI and BCMSN before one even wants to think that way.

The reason for these are because:-

1. CCSP (unlike CISSP) is a vendor certification (Cisco Systems) and quite heavily requires the product information, and you require atleast CCNA for that.

2. In order to get a better understanding of Internetworking the BSCI and BCMSN will play quite an instrumental role.

3. If you have already achieved the above status then yes, you are all set to go..

4. I will start with the 1. SNRS 2. CSVPN 3. SNPA 4. CSVPN [though you have choices over here] 5. IPS

1. SND= Good to start with basic security steps

2. SNRS= Comes good if you are fresh with BSCI and BCMSN

3. CSVPN= Will be icing on the cake.

4. SNPA = Will enhance your knowledge on a new product line PIX /ASA

5. IPS= A new product and technology and a MUST to get your CCSP

Please rate if helpful,

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

NightShade101 Mon, 05/21/2007 - 08:24

If you arent CCNP then recomend you to pass this certification before getting into CCSP

This Discussion