cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 - Background image appears in black??

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Has anyone seen a problem with 7961 handsets where when I try to apply a PNG backgroun to it, the whole background goes black?

The Thumbnail shows up fine, and the thumb image is just a resized copy of the full size image.

I've tried setting the image to monochrome, still has the same result.

I've also tried some sample 4-bit images from the voipintegration background image changing tool, these two appear completely black.

The file seems OK (i.e. I can TFTP it from CallManager to my laptop and display it fine).

Possibly a firmware bug?

Running CM5.1(1B) with devpack 5.1.1.2104-1.

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Aaron,

You hit the nail on the head here. It does look like a Firmware bug;

CSCsi42478 Bug Details

Darker greyscale images cause unreadable display on 7961/41

Symptom:

Screen on greyscale 3rd gen phones (7941/61) turn completely dark when you load

a background image with lots of dark area on the image.

Conditions:

Phone load it 8.0 or later.

Workaround:

7.X loads do not seem to be affected. You can downgrade, or alter the image to

contain less dark area.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Looks suspiciously similar... however my image is virtually all white - it has a logo on it probably giving about 5-10% black coverage!

I don't suppose downgrading would be a great idea considering I'm running CM5.1?

I'll play some more, maybe try a blank white PNG and start from there!

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

No you are right, I wouldn't downgrade the Firmware either. Especially if you have any DST concerns. You could always try loading a 7.x Image on only one phone for a test to see if it does actually fix this issue.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: