cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Policy 7206 CT3 T1

eknell
Level 1
Level 1

I am have issues trying to get QOS working correctly over a Serial Int for a customer of ours. We are doing MGCP over a T1 to an Adtran IAD which is the customer VOIP gateway.

When I do a sho policy-map int f0/0, which is the interface to my core, I keep getting pkts matched 0/0.

Setup is like this:

Adtran 608

|

|

|

7206-VXR CT3 Serial Int

|

|

|

Cat6509 (running hybrid mode)

|

|

|

OSR-7609

|

|

|

Lucent Class 5

Right now, I am just trying to figure out the issue between my VOIP gateway and the 7206, then I will work my way back. Of course, any advice from the 7206 to my phone switch would help as well.

Attached is what I have provisioned on my 7206 and my Adtran. I appreciate the help.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you have not specified a "match-any" statement, the class-map wants to match all the conditions. This is evidently not happening.

See the guidelines when configuring multiple match statements at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808029ea.html

Note: Unless your FE0/0 is congested (check queue length), the service policy there is not going to do anything and you can remove it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I apprecaite the help, but doesn't seem to change anything. My pkts matched still seem to show 0/0, like it isn't working. Now correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't this packet count be going up, if It were correctly matching packets that were being set dscp ef (46) or dscp af31 (26) in the header info? Maybe I am reading this wrong. Maybe my IAD device isn't marking them correctly...I don't know? Can you see anything else wrong with my Class-maps or policy-maps, by chance?

This is what was changed:

class-map match-all voip

match ip precedence 5

match ip rtp 16384 16383

match access-group 105

match ip dscp ef

match input-interface Serial1/1/28:0

match any

class-map match-all voice-signaling

match access-group 106

match ip dscp af31

match any

!

!

policy-map voippolicy

class voip

priority percent 50

class voice-signaling

priority percent 5

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect dscp-based

Also, you said I don't need this on my F0/0 interface...wouldn't I need this on that interface as well to give priority to voip traffic, considering it is my up link towards my call agent? I do have close to 2 DS3's worth of T1's on the router. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

The thing is that you still have "match-all voip", that should be changed to "match-any". I wouls also reduce the match conditions to the minimum necessary, because these are all additional checks done for each packet, and can affect performance negatively.

I don't think that the Fe0/0 will need service policy, because 100 is more that 90 MBps (theoretical), but if you observe queue to build up on fa0/0, you can retain it. Remember, no congestion, no need for QoS or priority.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: