Views
Helpful
Replies

Config copy

londint
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I want to be able to copy the config of each of our devices out to a back up server.

Please where is the directory that all the configs of the switches, routers etc are kept it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Previous posts you have made tell you have CiscoWorks, so you can get the latest config from each device under /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow (Solaris) or NMSROOT\files\rme\dcma\shadow (Windows). Periodically backing up this entire directory structure will ensure you always have the latest configs from your devices on the backup server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Previous posts you have made tell you have CiscoWorks, so you can get the latest config from each device under /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow (Solaris) or NMSROOT\files\rme\dcma\shadow (Windows). Periodically backing up this entire directory structure will ensure you always have the latest configs from your devices on the backup server.

Thank you so very much. I forgot to put Ciscoworks in the question. lol.

Thanks

Not applicable

Dear Londint,

Como Vai?

Eu Estu Tentando Portuguese!!!!

Are you satisfied with your Ciscoworks platform for configuration management?

Please let me know,

rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco