CCIE Salary Expectations

Unanswered Question

Hi all,

I've "heard" that the CCIE (while still in a league of its own among techies) does not necessarily command the salary expectations that it once did. I'm curious (without asking any CCIE's out there to disclose they're personal compensation) but can a CCIE (in any track) reasonably expect to still command a salary over $100000? (I'm asking specifically about techical as opposed to managerial postions.)

I'm close to finishing my CCVP now and am debating persuing CCIE. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
devang_etcom Thu, 05/17/2007 - 12:47

no more comments.... before few years yes CCIE was rocking and right now also its rocking.... but now Juniper as well as Tellabs is also start covering the good market.

if you will take a look at the stock the growth of juniper is very high with compare to cisco right now.... so now i think you will need to have multivendor profile.... still lots of company is looking for cisco certified person.... i am also worring about the same.... is there any comments for the stock market behaviour?

In december i marked that Cisco had value of near about $26 and juniper was at $17 or $18..... but if you see today then Juniper is nearabout $24 and cisco $26.67 ....

so what will be the reasone behind this.....?

still CCIEs are getting the good salary no any doubt in it... but still we have to think of future... in one of the document i read the CISCO is still "BIG B"

jaoua Sun, 05/20/2007 - 22:58

comparing Cisco shares with its direct outsiders like juniper could only give you the picture of financial market at a specific period in the time. You could not say after, that Juniper certification will become prestigious and will have a increasing big value comparing to Cisco Curriculums.

narbik Mon, 05/21/2007 - 00:07

If you guys are wondering about CCIE salary and it being 100K, i like to only ask you guys what does 100K translate to per hour.... 50 dollars,,YES, when was the last time that your firm got a CCIE and only paid 50 bucks an hour? Mate you have no worries about asking for 100K.

Narbik Kocharians

CCSI, CCIE #12410 (R&S, Security, SP)

mlb85indian Tue, 05/29/2007 - 06:44

can you tell me what does that mean

its only for 40hrs

Does CCIE get short term assignments and isn't it like a standard permanent job

ricardo.rios Tue, 05/29/2007 - 07:57

I think he means 40hrs per week....

So at $100 per hour, it's about 200k per year...

mlb85indian Tue, 05/29/2007 - 08:05

what i wish to know is

I think there would be very few companies that could afford more than 130K for a CCIE

and I think mostly CCIE's get short term proj and there would be very few permanent positions in companies

Please correct me if I am wrong

narbik Tue, 05/29/2007 - 10:33

As far as 40 hours, I meant 40 hours a week. By the way there are many companies out there that would love to have a CCIE to work for them, especially if they want to maintain their gold partner status, and I believe that Cisco recently increased the requirements for that.

But we are all talking about working for some company out there, but what is wrong with consulting?

Narbik Kocharians

CCSI, CCIE #12410 (R&S, Security, SP)

[email protected]

ricardo.rios Tue, 05/29/2007 - 12:36

I heard that Cisco give discounts for Resellers for each CCIE in their staff...

Are those salaries (100k and over) in the US??? does anyone knows a CCIE outside the US earning 100k and more.....

ricardo.rios Tue, 05/29/2007 - 13:50

It's muy long term goal :)....actually I'm focused on achieving the CCNP

dgoodridge Wed, 05/30/2007 - 00:30

For reference the salary for a CCIE in London the last time I checked varies between about ?65-?85k (130-170k USD) depending on the actual dicipline (Voice, Security etc..)

Hope that helps.

jambo1967 Wed, 05/30/2007 - 01:22

what do they get in london for contracting?

are u a manager of a NOC?

This Discussion