Allow supervisors to change agent skills?

Unanswered Question
May 17th, 2007

Is there any way to allow a supervisor to change the skills of an agent without giving them full administrator access to the CRS server?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.3 (7 ratings)
CindyHill Thu, 05/17/2007 - 18:38

Our supervisors are able to use the webpage re-skilling option through CAD-Supervisor. In CAD-Supervisor, go to Tools, Agent Reskilling. They can change the skill group for everyone on the team in which they are configured as a primary or secondary supervisor. Hope this helps

jake-savage Thu, 05/17/2007 - 19:34

What's this CAD-Supervisor? Sounds like something I'd like to set up.

CindyHill Fri, 05/18/2007 - 04:20

We are using IPCC Enterprise v.7.0. CAD (Cisco Agent Destop) has two installs, one specifically for agents and one for supervisors. The supervisor application allows them to view stats, silently monitor calls, and also change skill groups.

Below is a link to the 7.0 documentation, select the Cisco Supervisor Desktop 7.0 User Guide. In the PDF there is a secton dedicated to "re-skilling agents".

jake-savage Fri, 05/18/2007 - 04:57

Ok, yea - this customer is using Express. I'll have to wait for 5.0 for this feature then.

Thanks for all the help.

d.teal Mon, 03/24/2008 - 14:04

Hi Juan,

We have IPCC Express 5.0, but I don't see that option in the Supervisor Desktop.

Any ideas?

james.anderson@... Tue, 05/22/2007 - 06:35

I've been wondering about this as well. We (potentially) have the need to change the skills several times a day for 8 supervisors and three departments. While I imagine the troubleshooting could/would get more complicated as they get the ability to change this, it would be a load lifted off of my back.

rbua Tue, 03/25/2008 - 02:14

Hi there,

Note that the supervisor has to go to the CRS administration page to

change the skill (the administrator has to provide "supervisor access"

to supervisors which is disabled by default).

Dynamic re-skilling is not available directly through the CSD interface.

You can take a look at the admin guide which documents how to give

supervisor access and how to modify skill:

PS. Please rate useful posts accordingly.

rbua Tue, 03/25/2008 - 06:03

Hi Joe,

raise an official Product Enhancement Request on this, the more we hear what the field needs the easier it will be to make it a priority.

jake-savage Thu, 03/27/2008 - 14:25

This morning our office had a presentation from Cisco on UCCX 5.0. This was my first question to them and they assured me that supervisors are given the ability to change skills in the supervisor desktop. I didn't get a chance to see it in action so I can't say for sure whether it's there or not. I have a demo next week for 5.0 and this will be something I look forward to seeing.

guerrad Fri, 03/28/2008 - 13:34

Go to System --> System Parameters --> Supervisor Access.

Change the option to the "Access to Supervisor's Team Only". Then have your supervisor login into the Appadmin page using the Supervisor login. The will get the RMCM menu and can change their resource's skills from there.

BTW - This is UCCX 5.x

This Discussion