MSCE!!

Unanswered Question
May 17th, 2007

Hey guys I do have a CCNA and want to do MSCE, would anyone advise me how to go about it in this regard? How simple was it? Would I need to go through some classes or I can just buy the software and be ready to go?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.3 (3 ratings)
devang_etcom Thu, 05/17/2007 - 14:58

its really good combination to have MCSE and CCNA... for MCSE i think you can do it at your own place also... you need couple of PC for the prectical... and lots of material is available on Internet for reading... and if you will go for the RHCE and have CCNA... then it will be the best one... as linux base OS is widely used in server environment... but any way both MCSE and RHCE has its own identification... there is one book is windo 2003 server mastering... its very nice book... so if you can have couple of PC you can say 3... one PC with good configuration you can use as a server and other 2 will be your client...

regards

Devang

vmzyece1977 Thu, 05/17/2007 - 15:20

hey someone also mentioned to me about the RHCE. Whats the demand for it and how easy is it to study it on your own. Are materials readily available? Whats required to start the course as I have no experiense whatsoever?

vmzyece1977 Thu, 05/17/2007 - 16:27

Devang,

One more thing about RHCE, what kind of Linux software do you need to get for practice purposes at home?

Victor

devang_etcom Thu, 05/17/2007 - 20:33

get Fedora Core 5 or 6 for practicing the linux... actually RHCE is all about Red Hat enterprise linux which need some licence stuff but you can work on Fedora Core 6 or 6...

and try to search "linuxhomenetworking" in google that site is very good for learning linux...

regards

Devang

vmzyece1977 Wed, 05/30/2007 - 12:11

Thanks Devan for your help. I hope to get Fedora just for home use.

Wi sh all the best.

Vc

jcrussell Wed, 05/30/2007 - 15:56

I would get CentOS instead of Fedora. CentOS is RHEL with all the Redhat stuff stripped out and replaced. It's legal since they simply compile the source code that is released by Redhat. It works well and you would be surprised how many people run it instead of RHEL since it's free of charge.

vmzyece1977 Sun, 06/03/2007 - 13:45

hi jcrussel,

Where can I get the CentOS? Why do you recommend it better than Fedora 6? I need all the expartise the world has ever had, joke!

Thanks,

Vc

Wilson Samuel Fri, 06/01/2007 - 05:10

Hi devang,

Thanks a lot for the Linux Guide, I have never encountered such a good site thus far.

Please recommend more if you have

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Zin.Karzazi Mon, 06/04/2007 - 07:19

You dont need a couple of PC to run your LAB. Just use VMWare. PC with 1,5GB RAM will do the work for you. Connect then the Images you create using VMware LANs.

As for MCSE, i wouldnt recommend doing it. It s worthless compared to what CCNP/CCIE can give you. Although if you are just interested in knowing more about MS product you can do it.

HTH

Karzazi

srue Mon, 06/04/2007 - 07:37

I agree about using CentOS instead of Fedora. as the previous post stated CentOS *is* RHEL, basically with out all the RH logos. and yes, it is legal.

As much as i curse M$, i believe the demand for MCSE's is higher than RHCE's.

peternyamukusa Mon, 06/04/2007 - 08:50

I think first go for the MCSE as those exams are easier compaired to the cisco or RHCE especially if you are doing self study

vmzyece1977 Mon, 06/04/2007 - 10:35

Hi guys,

Ok. I am starting my CCNP soon and later will decide which one to go for, either MSCE or RHCE. However, I need anyone with ideas to keep posting.

All the best to you all ,

Vc

Actions

This Discussion