Views
Helpful
Replies

Is possible to configure manually switch over between services on CSS

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

is possible to configure the following?

I have two servers. I will configure one as main server and the second as primary sorry server. The balancing is only on the main server, when this server goes down the activity is on the primary sorry server. It is simple, but I need to resolve the following:

when the main server is again up - I need to use only sorry server and then (after some synchronization of DBs) I manually switch down the sorry server and only main server will be active.

Is possible to configure it?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if the main server is up, the CSS will use it over the sorry_server.

You can't tell the CSS not to use it if it is UP.

Therefore, the only solution is to find a way to keep your main server down once it fails a keepalive.

This can be done with a script that would issue the command 'suspend' once it detects the service missed a keepalive.

The script can be a tcp keepalive script and instead of returning just a failure one the server is down, the script itself can generate the 'suspend' command.

So, you then have time to sync your database and when ready you can do an 'active' under the service to start using it again.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if the main server is up, the CSS will use it over the sorry_server.

You can't tell the CSS not to use it if it is UP.

Therefore, the only solution is to find a way to keep your main server down once it fails a keepalive.

This can be done with a script that would issue the command 'suspend' once it detects the service missed a keepalive.

The script can be a tcp keepalive script and instead of returning just a failure one the server is down, the script itself can generate the 'suspend' command.

So, you then have time to sync your database and when ready you can do an 'active' under the service to start using it again.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: