cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Cisco Security Manager

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to uninstall and reinstall my Cisco Security Manager 3.0 since 3.1 has been taken off the market for the time being.

Is there a step by step process that I would have to take to install this with standard install, Service packs and patches?

In a nutshell, I would like to do a complete reinstall and be fully operational when completed.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Security Manager (Security Manager) enables you to configure, deploy, and manage services and policies on Cisco security devices. With Security Manager, you can provision VPN and firewall services across multiple, different device types, including IOS routers, firewall devices (PIX and ASA), Catalyst 6500/7600 devices, and Catalyst security services modules (VPN, FWSM, and so on). On some device types, you can also provision platform-specific settings such as QoS, SNMP, and routing, even though these settings are not necessarily security settings.

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Well when I spoke to Cisco about this they had asked me to do a fresh install on the server. You would have to go through the service pack installations again. A huge pain from Cisco, just my luck that i did the migration for only one customer and that too as a test bed.

-Hoogen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: