cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 IP phone hold delay

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

I have run into an issue and was wondering if anyone else has run into it or heard of it before. The issue is that every once in a while a call is placed on hold and when the agents takes the call off hold, there is a delay of anywhere between 20-30 seconds (sometimes longer) before the agent and customer can talk again. According to the reports I have gotten, from the customer point of view, the on MoH music stops like the call has been taken off of hold but they hear silence for 20-30 seconds then they hear the agent. From the agent point of view, they just come back to their phone and take the call off hold and there is silence for a bit then they can hear the customer again. Has anyone ever run into this before or does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing it? We are running 7940 IP phones, CallManager 4.1 and IPCC Express. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080115a52.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon - Thanks I have never seen that before but all of our gateways are running MGCP, we don't have any that are running H323. I thank you for the document as it may come in handy at some point. I'm going to keep on digging to see if I can figure anything out. Thanks again.

You might also take a look at the following link. It has a section regarding binding with MGCP gateways as well as some other places to look for one-way voice issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008009484b.shtml

Brandon

Thanks for that link. I checked and we only have the 'mgcp bind' commands on one of our three gateways that out voice traffic runs through so that may be the issue. I will run those comands and reset the gateways this weekend when there are not a lot of folks here. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: