Good day, Networkers,
Please, kindly help me with an action plan composing for the subject cause I
have no doubt there a lot of professionals here, who knows about it much more than I do.
Currently, I'm informed about a few nuances of that migration, but not about all.
Let me describe you what do I have:
1. HARDWARE: HP DL380 G3 (Xeon 3.2, 1Gb RAM, 33Gb HDD)
2. SOFTWARE: CCM 4.1.3 SR 4d
3. Up to 1000 registered ip phones.
4. Up to 100 active simultaneous calls at a time.
5. Product Authorization Key (aka Claim Certificate Number) provided by 4.1.3 CD package
6. DVD Discs, ordered from Cisco, with an upgrade to Cisco Call Manager 5.0.4(a)
And here my questions are:
1. I've already made sure that my hardware is not sufficient for 5.0.4(a) upgrade. Ok then.
What MCS model or Cisco approved server (part number) can you recommend me to buy to upgrade to 5.0.4(a) ?
If i'm buying an appropriate hardware, could it be suitable for Call Manager 6.x also ?
2. As I need to change my hardware, what would be migration procedure looks like (step by step approximately) ?
3. Some words about licensing. I'm concerned, that 5.x release has new license type:
* server license (allows server to operate):
do i need to pay for it if i've already had a PAK from previously ordered 4.1.3 package ?
if yes, why so ?
if no, what is the method of getting it and the upgrade procedure ?
* device license (endpoints registration):
i'm concerned about endpoints units a little.
must i pay if i have 50-200 already registered & active phones ?
must i pay for their units if i'm planning to save sccp signaling ?
must i pay for their units if i'm planning to change theirs signaling to sip ?
4. By the way, do you know what is the maximum quantity of IP Phones,
Gateways and other entities for my current hardware configuration ?
Ooh, hope all my questions would be answered by IPT NetPro community.
Thank you very much.